My Favorite People--

Sunday, January 16, 2011

MY JEWELRY LINE

I WAS ALWAYS INSPIRED BY MY GRANDMOTHER AND MOTHER AS A YOUNG CHILD SHE WOULD OPEN UP HER JEWELRY BOX AND SHOW ME HER BITS AND BAUBLES AND LET ME TRY THEM ON. SHE WORE CRYSTALS AND PEARLS AND ALWAYS LOOKED SO DOLLED UP WITH THEM ON. SHE SPARKLED WHEN SHE WALKED INTO A ROOM. I REMEMBER AT THE AGE OF OF 25, I BOUGHT A NEW DRESS FROM HUDSON'S DEPARTMENT STORE FOR A FORMAL CHRISTMAS PARTY AND IMMEDIATELY TOOK IT TO MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE TO GET HER OPINION. SHE PULLED OUT THIS BEAUTIFUL LAGUNA CRYSTAL BRACELET AND SAID THIS PIECE WOULD GO WELL WITH THE BLACK VELVET AND LACE DRESS. SURE ENOUGH IT DID. SHE TOLD ME IT WAS MINE AND THAT WAS ALL I WORE WITH THE DRESS. IT LOOKED SIMPLE YET STUNNING. I STILL HAVE THAT DRESS HANGING GRACEFULLY IN MY CLOSET UNDER A GARMENT BAG. THAT DRESS REMINDS ME OF MY GRANDMOTHER AND OUR PRECIOUS TIME TOGETHER AT THAT MOMENT. SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND. ONE OF THE GREATEST PEOPLE IN MY LIFE THAT EVER LIVED. ALTHOUGH SHE IS GONE, HER MEMORY LIVES VIVIDLY IN MY MIND AND HEART. I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH THOSE SPECIAL MOMENTS WITH HER, AND THERE WERE MANY! MY MOTHER ALSO HAD AN OLD VINTAGE JEWELRY BOX LOADED WITH NEAT LITTLE THINGS TO WEAR. I USED TO OPEN UP HER JEWELRY BOX AND GO THROUGH EVERY LITTLE NOOK AND CRANNY AND ADMIRE ALL HER PIECES. I WOULD TRY THEM ON AND IMAGINE MYSELF DRESSED UP LIKE A PRINCESS. SHE NEVER MINDED.  THE PIECES WEREN'T EXPENSIVE,  BUT WERE SO DELICATE, SHINY AND ORNATE. BOTH MY MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN INSPIRATION TO ME. SO... I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT NAMING MY LINE OF HAND MADE JEWELRY. SINCE I INCORPORATE ANTIQUE AND OLD JEWELRY PARTS INTO MY CREATIONS, I'VE CONSIDERED USING "FINDS IN GRANDMA'S ATTIC." BUT NOT SURE IF ITS CATCHY ENOUGH.   WHAT NAME DO YOU THINK I SHOULD USE? I WILL BE TAKING SUGGESTIONS AND IF ANYONE CAN COME UP WITH A CATCHY NAME THAT I CHOOSE, THEN I WILL SEND THEM A FREE GIFT FROM MY LINE. JUST CREATE A COMMENT ON THIS POST WITH A CATCHY NAME  BY MONDAY AFTERNOON (JANUARY 17, 2010) AND MONDAY NIGHT AND THEN I WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER!  


SITA AND CHRISTINA
I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teri,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my Finished By Friday necklace. Peyote stitch can take a long time, especially if you get stuck somewhere along the way. But on the other hand it is such fun to do that the time goes quickly. I often spend as much time on a wire wrapped necklace. Love your use of vintage materials. I have quite a collection from our local antique mall before it closed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: Beautiful jewelry, thank you for sharing. Welcome to blogland. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete