My Favorite People--

Monday, November 29, 2010

Found items!

I want to share some of the items that I picked up while shopping at the flea markets. 

Here is an old vintage wagon I found at the Salvation Army for $6.00.  I painted it red and added some Christmas vintage ephemera and modge podged it. Then I took strips of Christmas fabric and tied it around the wagon pulley and added a few little gold bells.  I will display and sell  my scrapbook trends magazines at the Eisenhower taste of our town vendor show on Friday. After the show I will place the wagon under my Christmas tree and place small presents in it!.

The next photo below is a wooden sleigh that I purchased again at the Salvation Army that I paid $2.75. It was very plain.  It was covered with old red velvet ribbon so I removed it and added green satin ribbon.  Then I swiped red and green pain added paper from Daisy D's collection on the inside of the sleigh and sprayed glimmer mist on it.
I will display the SEI Winter Wonderland 1 hour albums at the show and later place it under my tree!
Below I found this wonder old vintage bottle at the Salvation Army.  I paid $7.00 for it but just had to add it to my collection. I love the crackly look and I'm not sure if someone made it or it was originally purchased  like that.


I love little trinket boxes, miniature curio cabinets and shelves. 
The one below I purchased from a resale shop. I did pay $11.00 for it but it was already altered and hooks were added in to hang jewelry. It is so romantic. 
 The little units below I purchased at the St. Vincent de Paul and the Salvation Army.
This unit below I purchased at St. Vincent de Paul for $3.00. I loved it because of the shape and trim around the bottom and the glass door in the front.  It reminds me of  an armoire. 


This one below I found just the other day at The Salvation Army for 75 cents! What a steal! I really can't wait to alter this one!

 I've also been busy cleaning my basement. I think I've pursuaded my husband into finishing the basement.  (We'll see!) I've also been busy making altered industrial bracelets that I'm going to sell at the vendor show. Here is one of my creations.



Now here  is a project my daughter Christina made several years ago.She used a canvas and added hooks on the bottom to hang keys and such
Below is a project I made two years ago. It's okay. Not one of my best creations.

That's all for tonight.  Tomorrow I'll be busy adding handles to my granite lazy suzans and cutting boards. Will upload pictures when I'm finished.

2 comments:

  1. What great finds Teri! I love the wagon you did to display your magazines! Fab idea! lots of fun things to play with too, best of luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many incredible finds! Your bracelet is so eclectic :)

    ReplyDelete